Since the last general assembly took place five weeks ago, Tonkünstlerverband Berlin, the professional body of Berlin-based musicians, has been inactive. The newly elected executive board and the new chairman Detlef Bensmann have not presented themselves to the public so far. The organisation’s social media accounts accounts are largely unmaintained or out of date, and the website still announces many former chairpersons who were not re-elected or have withdrawn from their posts. As the current board apparently fails to make the recent developments public, here is the most important information:
- Simon Borutzki was elected as deputy chairman. Anka Sommer is the treasurer, Isabelle Herold is the secretary.
- Adelheid Krause-Pichler, Stefanie Bremerich, Gabriel Iranyi, and Uwe Christian Müller are no longer members of the executive board. Matthias Rohn, Helge Harding, Frauke Jörns, Rotraud Puschmann, and Markus Wenz are no longer serving as assessors.
- It is unclear who will be in charge of the membership administration and who runs the organisation’s business as of now.
- The future contact persons for concerts, workshops, and other public events remain undisclosed as well.
- The previous assembly location, the Charlottenburg DTKV Studio, will no longer be available as the rental contract expires at the end of this year.